Finished the second spine for the 44" Eagle. Was a bit gutted to have to buy a length of 3/16" tube for just one diagonal, that was all I was short. All of it made from spare material otherwise. Gladly, I believe it is sold already and that will fund some more of the main build.
I took the opportunity to fill and start to remove the seams on the Airfix Kits and work on teh big command module for the 44" Eagle.
The command Module id a Chris Trice Glass Fiber component (top of the line, the best you can get) and came to me partially assembled. The two halves were not very well joined (strength) but were well aligned. I did a quick re-fix and then used some epoxy and tape on the inside to make a strong fix.
A quick coat of primer after a soapy rub down to prepare the surface.
My Airfix models and Command Module are filled across the seams with Vallejo Plastic Putty. I will leave them for a day or two so that any shrinkage can occur before I rub them down.