Additional tiles for the Death Star 3d wall art. The Primary Weapon, is a 3x3 / 9 tile layout and I will need to make some resin copies of those to make the full set.
The full set built so far is about 35 individual tiles. I will aim to design and build a few more just to cut down on the repetition with the finish piece. I can now start to see how the tiles can be group in sets of 4 (where I have built mirrored tiles) and I can see how the curved tiles can be arranged in a range of layouts for interest.
The shadows from the sunlight today are great and hopefully, the layout when finished in the correct lighting will have the give the same effect.
Next up for design and print is the trench. This I have decided will be inline with the edge of the tile (as per studio). I quite fancied the idea that the tile would be angled on the wall earmarked for the art but it just doesn't look right.
I have at art project on the go; after thinking about it for an age I am going to make a huge section of the Death Star on a wall under the stairs in our living room.
I have a good collection of greeblies produced on my B9Creator and some base panels 50mm by 50mm at a range of thicknesses on My CNC router. A collection of shaped panels and edging panels have been cut from styrene ready to build up.
I will need a whole load of tiles; the area to cover is quite large and I have gone for fairly small tiles; hope fully this will make the work look nice and busy. I will need to make rubber tools for production in resin. These small tiles allow me to make fairly flat tiles with out too many "sticky out" bits and shouldn't be overly intrusive in the room; my clothes shouldn't get snagged when walking past etc.
Because I have chosen a small size of tile; I have needed to produce bespoke greeblies. I have tried to replicate the correct feel of the Death Star but have introduced some of my own ideas. have even managed to get a small nod to Moon Base Alpha in there.